Home Freelance Job Postings

[PAID] Looking for 3d Character Artist to Create Cute Stylized Alpaca Character

Offline / Send Message
Pinned
Project:
Design and Create a Cute Stylized Alpaca character model for a game, within reasonable ~4 week timeframe(negotiable) to style and standard expected.

The Alpaca is meant to be cute, fluffy(no hair or fur simulation, just mesh) and have a very defined cute expressive face.
For this project, keep in mind that there will be modular 'traits' such as ears that will change in the future (not required to make, only a base design of the alpaca with all parts) the eyes tail and ears should be separate mesh objects but still correctly fit. It will also need to look good as a big medium and small alpaca (so even when resized).

Concept:

The body shape and cute face of this design are fairly close to what I was hoping for, the ears are a little less alpaca like and a bit too cat like, but the overall shape is right.

While this is from behind, it's a perfect representation of what I was looking for, it's cute it's fluffy, the proportion of the neck isn't too long the body is correctly proportioned and the tail/ears are exactly the right shape, if only I could see the face correctly on this image.
cutest real alpaca, this is also a good basis for the look and body proportions, ideally I don't want the mouth area to be too far out from the face, use your best judgement on how to make it the cutest.

Displays various potential colors the alpaca might be, the intended art stylization is pseudo cartoony cute magical character with a touch of realism.
This is a popular 'fawn' creature in the same target game engine, it's lower quality than I'm hoping to achieve, but it has an expressive set of eyes that I'd like to be captured in my alpaca character.

This is an example of how expressive I'd like to make the eyes, ignore the makeup, the shape etc, it still needs to fit the cuteness of the character, but this is my intended eye designs.
Image shows off side of alpaca rough estimate of proportions.

if I can find any other images then I'll edit and add them or in our discussions post them directly.

Budget: $200-$1000usd
If you are a freelancer or team that also does concept art, I am willing to hire you to create a concept art of the alpaca first as well (can increase budget accordingly)

Specifications:
  1. Software: Blender compatible (needs to import cleanly into blender for potential future editing) You can use whatever you're most comfortable with as long as it's cleanly imported in to blender or cleaned up for blender.
  2. Polycount: 5000-10,000 Tri's
  3. Textures: UV Unwraps would need to be done cleanly for future texturing
  4. Target Engine: Second Life
  5. Player perspective: 3rd person
  6. Intended Style: pseudo cartoony cute magical character with a touch of realism
  7. Timeframe: 4 weeks (more time can be allotted only if necessary, I won't pay more for you taking more time, ideally the goal is to save time by being efficient and effective, which offers more value to me as the customer of your work)
  8. Rights to Model: full rights and ownership over model and files
  9. Files and Formats Required: all source files and original files, .blend, .dae, all psd texturing files etc (anything else that would be necessary for someone to work on model)

If you are interested in the project, you can contact me at Alpacachisl@gmail.com (can also send a direct message!)- please drop a portfolio of your work, your rates/estimates for the project (cost and time) and anything else you believe to be relevant. If you have any questions and/or wish to discuss further then by all means email/message and I will be pleased to respond and discuss things further with you.

Please only apply if you are capable of creating the cutest characters and believe yourself to be a good fit for the project!

Thank you for reading!