Home Technical Talk

Environment creating

node
Offline / Send Message
Kenbro node
I've seen lots of article、tutorial、video about how to create environment , but it's all about general  building 、walls、....etc

when it comes to a environment after disaster like ruins I don't know what to do . In tomb raider there're lots of broken wall or wood,ground with a hole,ceiling or roof collapse,even dent in a car.

some of detail could created by texture but lots of them could not,I've seen my friend use Pulldownit in maya to create a church with broken wall,
still not quite a great way to do,so how do you guys suggest?

Replies

• Ashervisalis
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ashervisalis grand marshal polycounter
    You gotta get into ZBrush, friend. Sculpt rubble, broken pillars, wall damage, etc.
  • Anchang-Style
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Anchang-Style polycounter lvl 7
    Yeah ZBrush is where you wanna go. Make a couple of Brick shaped objects, smash them up to differing degrees, use some noisy Alphas on top. Put them in a line, use a bend modifier and you have a nice ark for a window or whatever....Or put them together first and then smash em up, whatever you like more. 
    Concrete slabs are just big Cubes with very smashed up edges, steel rods coming out of them, maybe some broken piepes sticking in there (remember a pipe is basically just a tube). Use sharp corners in your trim curve. Make some smaller stones and mush them in there.To create some detail in it. It's the same for walls. Build it the way it's supposed to be...create a couple of copies and smash all f them up in a way that kinda looks natural.
    Most importantly: find where you can split stuff into smaller elements that you can then put together. Don't try to build a whole building to somehow smash up. Make a bunch 2m x 3m x 30cm pices that are going to be your walls or windows or doors.
    Just imagine a scene without the rubble, trash, wreckage and stuff that was placed on it simply to look cool...and you got a whole lot of very simple shapes and setups.

• Kenbro
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Kenbro node
    wow I didn't know zbrush could be that powerfull ,thanks.I thought it would have to use lots of vfx to create such things.