Home Technical Talk

Need Help - Having trouble with 3ds Max and AD Desktop App

polycounter lvl 4
Offline / Send Message
3DKlassen polycounter lvl 4
So last week I had an issue with 3ds Max not opening. I might have moved some files or something on accident. So I figured okay time for a fresh install anyways, it had been a while. I Uninstalled using the add/remove program tool, tried the uninstall / install tool on Autodesk website. It installs, but yet the new 3ds max .exe on desktop cant find files, I tried searching inside the new autodesk 3ds max folder but there is no .exe
I tried this multiple times on multiple HD's and SSD's. (I have 3 SSD and 2 HD in my computer) None of them fixes this problem.

I then tried using the   MicrosoftProgram_Install_and_Uninstall.meta   tool to fully uninstall and reinstall. It will remove everything except 2 files. 3ds Max Desktop App and Maya 2016, But the files really are gone. I manually deleted the folders. I check the CTRL ALT DEL to make sure the programs were not running at all.
The Autodesk Desktop App bootstrap install file    will not open and run. It brings up a small install box for about half a second and closes. It closes so fast it doesn't generate any words or anything for me to try and read. Just blank and gone.

I then thought It was maybe because I had a new Motherboard so Windows wasn't activated. Had to buy a new Windows 10 Pro Key and I called Microsoft to make sure it was activated properly. Yet getting the same problems each and every time i download and install 3ds Max or the Desktop App. I'm at a total loss here and really need some guidance.

What can I do, I have tried every single method I can think of. I'm trying to get an entry level job in the video game industry so I really need this to work. I can't model or open any of my files obviously. I need help, this is stressing me out because I have been researching and trying everything I can find about 5-7 hours a night since last Sunday on 6.2.2019

Thank you for you time, I appreciate any guidance on this

Replies