Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[UE4] Demo Reel - Environment Artist

polycounter lvl 2
Offline / Send Message
Pureadimelograno polycounter lvl 2
Hey everyone, this is a collection of my projects from the past year.
I would love to hear any suggestions or critiques.

My Artstation for more detailed breakdowns

Replies

• Ashervisalis
    Offline / Send Message
    Ashervisalis grand marshal polycounter
    Looks really sick!
  • Pureadimelograno
    Offline / Send Message
    Looks really sick!
    Thank you!!
  • Anchang-Style
    Offline / Send Message
    Anchang-Style polycounter lvl 7
    Amazing work, it's nice to get an idea of the current Quaity gate of enviromental Art.
  • Pureadimelograno
    Offline / Send Message
    Amazing work, it's nice to get an idea of the current Quaity gate of enviromental Art.
    Thanks a lot!
  • 3DKlassen
    Offline / Send Message
    3DKlassen polycounter lvl 4
    Great job, nice work! I like the unique feeling of each of them. There was two things that stood out to me that didn't "feel right".
    First is the gloss on the pillars, I believe they need to be more matte with less reflection.
    Second is the the pillar room is in such perfect condition, nice and neat. Yet there is a shield just laying on the floor not resting up nicely against the tomb.

Edit: I would experiment with lowing the lighting in the first image (Asian styled room). It's taking away from the scene and causing distraction to me. Plus its also taking away from so much of the detail. Just a thought!

Great job though, really nice work
  • Pureadimelograno
    Offline / Send Message
    Great job, nice work! I like the unique feeling of each of them. There was two things that stood out to me that didn't "feel right".
    First is the gloss on the pillars, I believe they need to be more matte with less reflection.
    Second is the the pillar room is in such perfect condition, nice and neat. Yet there is a shield just laying on the floor not resting up nicely against the tomb.

Edit: I would experiment with lowing the lighting in the first image (Asian styled room). It's taking away from the scene and causing distraction to me. Plus its also taking away from so much of the detail. Just a thought!

Great job though, really nice work
    Thank you for the feedback! I will address it as soon as I can, especially the condition discrepancy in the pillar scene, now I can't unsee it ahah
  • JesseL
    Offline / Send Message
    JesseL polycounter lvl 5
    Looks great, I think the reel could be condensed to around 1 min and props etc... should be at the very end

Also the axe scene the blur looks fantastic but I would like to see how it looks without motion blur, perhaps a different angle

The samurai scene the sky is way to flat, texturing that could help. Playing with levels/lighting could help as well, as its a little too flat with little to no blacks add in a bit of contrast in photoshop and youll see what I mean

Other than those small things everything looks great
  • Pureadimelograno
    Offline / Send Message
    Gotcha, thank you so much for your feedback!

I have a sky texture in there but I think I blew it up too bright. I had rendered another version maybe I should go back to that :D 
  • wenglish
    Offline / Send Message
    wenglish polycounter lvl 11
    Awesome environments! The skeleton samurai and fire keeper are really strong character pieces too. Great job
  • Pureadimelograno
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks man! Glad you like my work