Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Woodland Mouse_3Ds Max, Vray_Needs improvement!

aliqas20
polycounter lvl 4
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
aliqas20 polycounter lvl 4
Hi everyone i havent been doing alot of 3d for a while now so i wanted to get back into it by starting off small. With any of my projects i want to do something different so i can learn new techinques, tools and software. So i decided to make a woodland mouse as its not the hardest thing to make using Zbrush. More importantly i wanted to see what I can do with the vray fur and also the hair shader. The render below is what i have achieved so far. feel free to critique the hell out of it as i really want to make it alot more realistic. I know that fur material still needs alot of work and so does the skin shader but if theres anything else you guys can see please comment. If theres anyone who knows vray hair material really well could youtell me the best method to get realistic looking fur material. Also im struggling with the look of the eyes, since mice dont have regular looking eyes ive gone for more of a reflective ball material but i know they dont make the mouse look real so if anyone has any advice on eyes i would very much appreciate it very much.

V1

V2 
Current Version