Home Adobe Substance

Substance Painter - Maya. Mesh clipping/opacity map not working.

polycounter lvl 3
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
GarethStandfield polycounter lvl 3
This all occurred after an exporting failure and a rest of mayas functions, im not sure if this could be something to do with the plugin manager? as thats settings have changed and now my textures all do this when maps are applies unless i "brake link" between the colour and the transparency channel. Not sure what i changed as it was in a tutorial that i cant find.

Heya im not 100% how to reply to people on a thread and so the solution offerd did not work an im not sure if i did something wrong. But now everything braking with my mesh and i have 0 clue were to even start looking for fixes. 

So first off with the maya thing, it worked fine before but now seems too just clip through and try see the colours and meshes underneath? non off the normal are backwards from what i can tell and the mesh is no different then the ones i was using before but now its just doing this.

Like it's trying to see through the mesh for some reason. 

Second issue which started this chain off events was trying to get a transparency map. when i use the one that comes out of substance it makes my entire mesh BUT the area selected go transparent? i inverted the map but that did nothing at all? which i dont even know how thats possible. as you can see below thats what both maps do the black and white an the white an black map? ill also post the maps being used here below. i cant seem to fix either off these alone. 

Sorry for so many post this is just overwhelming my knowledge alot this project an really want to get it done too a nice standard.

Replies