Home Marmoset

Toolbag 3.07 is only loading a few frames from animation in DAE

polycounter lvl 3
Offline / Send Message
SophieRobbins polycounter lvl 3
Okay, so, I've been working on this model for a while (and other models) and I'm currently exporting from Blender in DAE format because OBJ doesn't have vertex colours (which I'm using for hair colour) and FBX makes my models not line up properly. So I've settled on DAE which exports animation correctly, comes with vertex colours, and doesn't make the model look wonky in Marmoset. 

It works really well! 

The problem arises however when I try to animate.

In Blender I have 60 frames. Frame 1 is a neutral expression, frame 30 is a smile, frame 60 is neutral. It loops smoothly and blends between the two facial expressions.

When I import it into Marmoset, for some reason it loops on the first ~15 frames rather than playing the whole animation. 

I posted a video of it here.

Am I missing something major? What the heckity is happening here? 

Replies

• Arthaven
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Arthaven polycounter lvl 8
    Hello @SophieRobbins,

Make sure all of your frames are baked down prior to export to better keep your animation intact. Having no animation data on frame 1 can typically cause issues (but not this kind from what I recall). Double check that your animation is actually keyframed at those start, mid and ending points and that there's not animation that is only within the Blender system.

This file format should follow all FBX allowances but it's possible that this needs looked into just to make sure there isn't a stray hair that needs cut. If you can send me your FBX/DAE to support@marmoset.co then I can troubleshoot it further and give you some accurate feedback.

Thank you!
  • SophieRobbins
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    SophieRobbins polycounter lvl 3
    Thanks, Arthaven!

When I lost my animation due to user error (don't ask, I'm still learning...) and made a new animation, that one exported out and has come into Marmoset just fine. I'm not entirely sure what the difference is. Maybe I accidentally didn't keyframe a bone the first time?