Home General Discussion

Looking for Old artist work/game work

polycounter lvl 10
Offline / Send Message
Memory polycounter lvl 10
Hey PC, long time.

I'm looking for a post or set of posts that a polycounter had put up, probably a long time ago (years). Basically, it was one person who was making an RPG-type game and most of the textures were gradient-based. There was one character who wore red and had some punching attacks, and there was another female character who had wings, and there was swords and things like that. Maybe some magic rings--the art was sort of wind-waker/high saturation. I believe it was the work of a male artist. I want to say they used the unity engine. They may have had a health bar done and some keys. I think their profile picture was them with a steampunk-style popped collar and maybe a monocle. 

I remember the person posted in WAYWO a lot and didn't get many comments ever. They also had made their own topic.

I'll try to page through the WAYWO for 2011, maybe it's still in there.

If I had more information I would google it myself, so let's not play that game.

Replies

• PolyHertz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PolyHertz polycount lvl 666
    I remember the project you're referring to, but no idea what happened to it, and no luck finding it through google.
  • Memory
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Memory polycounter lvl 10
    Hey PolyHertz! Thanks for the reply--I found it. Page 10 or so of WAYWO 2011!

The polycounter's name is Marshal Banana - Last topic by him was 2015 #RIP

The project was called Key Of Ethios (https://polycount.com/discussion/88817/key-of-ethios-stuff#latest)

Was that who you were thinking? It's good to see you still kicking around here.
  • PolyHertz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PolyHertz polycount lvl 666
    Yep that's that's one. It was definitely a very ambitious project for a single person to take on, but it was still great to see someone willing to dive into such a big project and get so far. Shame he's not around anymore.

For a moment I thought maybe he disappeared during the Polycount exodus that happened when the forum software was changed a few years ago, but that was in 2016. I still like it here, so I've stuck around, but the forums are definitely not as active as they once were (I suspect everyone's on Facebook instead these days).
  • Taylor Brown
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Taylor Brown ngon master
    I think most folks tend to gravitate to platforms like Discord now. While I prefer forums for the sake of archival and conversation continuity, they tend to get seen as antiquated especially to younger artists.
  • Alex_J
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Alex_J grand marshal polycounter
    I think most folks tend to gravitate to platforms like Discord now. While I prefer forums for the sake of archival and conversation continuity, they tend to get seen as antiquated especially to younger artists.
    I enjoyed flipping through that thread, glad OP found it. That's a nice art style makes me think back to the n64 days.

I didn't know this @Taylor Brown . It's too bad. I think forums are a better platform if your goal is too learn. Same reasons you mentioned. I also find chaotic live chats to be too distracting and make it hard to focus on my work. I think some people may be anxious to have their words immortalized on forums.
  • Lord McMutton
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Lord McMutton polycounter lvl 17