Home Adobe Substance

Substance Painter 2018.3 Normal and AO Bake Issues???

polycounter lvl 5
Offline / Send Message
Amank679 polycounter lvl 5
Hi guys,

I'm trying to bake some normal and AO detail from my High poly gun model to my low poly, but I'm encountering numerous issues:\.

• Neither the Normals or AO (So far I've only tried those 2) bake with the "Mesh By Name" Option. It works with "Always"
  • Normal Artifacting
  • Weird AO shading
I've attached images for reference as well.
Please let me know what could be the possible issue.
Thanks in advance!

Replies

• Taylor Brown
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Taylor Brown ngon master
    thats a pretty high Rear Distance. i rarely, if ever, need to change the Front or Rear distances. it could be any number of things though. Are there multiple UV sets? if so, do they have separate materials applied in your DCC or is everything set to lambert1? are the low and high pieces of your mesh carrying the _LP and _HP suffix? are your Low and High aligned?
  • Amank679
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Amank679 polycounter lvl 5
    thats a pretty high Rear Distance. i rarely, if ever, need to change the Front or Rear distances. it could be any number of things though. Are there multiple UV sets? if so, do they have separate materials applied in your DCC or is everything set to lambert1? are the low and high pieces of your mesh carrying the _LP and _HP suffix? are your Low and High aligned?
    So I did go back and fix some of the naming conventions which fixed a good amount of the issues, but the issue still exists.  To expand on that though, If I have a group of assets but the title of the group is labeled with the _LP or _HP, do the assets within the group also need to consist of the same conventions?

The high and low parts are aligned exactly on each other.  For materials, I haven't Color ID mapped anything yet, but everything is a base lambert1.  I'm not using any UV sets.
  • poopipe
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    poopipe grand marshal polycounter
    Read the docs for naming - it's all clarified  in there. 

It sounds like you're doing that bit wrong