Home Marmoset

Some toolbag questions from a new user

polycounter lvl 2
Offline / Send Message
MetinSeven polycounter lvl 2
Hi,

I've just purchased Toolbag, and the results look great. I'm content. 🙂

A few newbie questions:
  1. Is there a way to toggle polygon smoothing? I mean switching between visible, faceted polygons and averaged normals for the illusion of a smooth surface.
  2. Is there an auto-smooth option with an adjustable normal angle?
  3. Is there a way to use generated ambient occlusion as a mask between two textures or materials, like mixing between two textures or materials using the Ambient Occlusion node in Blender (without the need for UV mapping + AO texture) ?
  4. Can Toolbag make use of (multiple) vertex color channels as masks between two textures or materials?
  5. Is a node editor maybe in the works for a next version of Toolbag?
  6. Will there be procedural textures in a future Toolbag update?
Thanks in advance for your help.

Replies

• Arthaven
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Arthaven polycounter lvl 8
    Hello @MetinSeven

Glad to hear you're enjoying Toolbag!  :)  

1. Toolbag currently does not support toggling of subdivided/smooth mesh geometry between a faceted, averaged or otherwise state. If you have content you want in this condition then you would have to do that in your 3D program and export appropriately with FBX to retain the look you need. 

2. I'm not 100% sure what you are referring to here. If you are looking for edge/face settings for hard/soft angles (ie: smoothing groups) then this would need to be managed in your 3D program as well with FBX retaining these changes within Toolbag.

3 & 4. Not currently possible but I will add this to our feature request list.
    5 & 6. We don't have any details on those features being available but I will also add them to our feature request list.

Hope that helps a little bit, let me know if you have other questions.  :)

-Will 
    Marmoset Support
    support@marmoset.co