Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[UE4] The Last Drive-In

polycounter lvl 9
Offline / Send Message
ILYHugh polycounter lvl 9
I know I made a previous thread for another scene a few weeks back, but I just don't have enough inspiration to continue it for now. Another one I have been tinkering with for a while. I want to do a scene based on the theme of Dying Americana. An old staple of American culture dying out in the modern day is the Drive In Theater. I want to take this theme along with my recent forays with Media Streaming and Light Scenarios in UE4 to add more realism to my scene as well as I FINALLY have a Nvidia RTX graphics card, meaning I can enable Raytracing to the scene!.

Here is my first screengrab of the scene!

Of course I'm using Back to the Future as my movie reference! To make it easier, I'm streaming the file from my Dropbox account to the Project directly!

Here are some screen grabs of my references to the scene as well!

Replies

• ILYHugh
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ILYHugh polycounter lvl 9
    Hey Guys,

Been slowly working on this guy here and there for the past few weeks. So one of my goals is using UE4's Light Scenarios system to create different moods and lighting for the scene. So far I have 3; Foggy, Sunset and Noon. I will add a night time one as well. I also expanded the boundaries a bit and used a Delorean lol  as my size reference for the cars. I will take it out once I lay down the parking lines and curbs. But so far the scene is starting to come together!

• Ashervisalis
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ashervisalis grand marshal polycounter
    Whatever you do for the projector looks like it's going to be intense hahah