Home General Discussion

Calling all TAs!

polycounter lvl 8
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
MaVCArt polycounter lvl 8

Thirsty for more interaction with other tech people? Or maybe just thirsty for some beer? Come join us for a Tech Art Round table in London on May 30th, including open bar, courtesy of Big Pixel Studios!

Get your tickets here: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/ta-thirsty-thursday-round-table-tickets-59557619443

What is a round table?

A round table, in the format we're applying, is a gathering of people of similar interests, sharing their experience by addressing practical questions put forward by the group. Do you have a question about tool development? Having trouble getting your artists to respect naming conventions? Is your version control not working out? This is the group to ask!

I'm not a Technical Artist, so why should I go to this?

Even if you don't bear the job title of Technical Artist, the Technical Art field touches everything from UX to UI and Tool development, as well as pipeline design and just art creation practices. If you make games, and you care about how they're made as much as you do anything else, this is the event for you.

How can I get there?

The venue is within 5 minutes' walk of Old Street station, just 2 stops on the Northern Line (Southbound) from King's Cross / St. Pancras.

Please note, during the event, photos and video recording of the talk are strictly prohibited. Photos might be taken at the event for future event promotional purposes, by attending you are giving your consent. GEL members will be present to answer any questions and assist where possible. The venue is wheelchair accessible.

Big Pixel Studios is sponsoring the event, allowing us the use of their space and refreshments.