Here is my new add-on to do onion skinning for your Blender animation workflow.
Onion skinning is a technique used by animators to see multiple frames at once. By using this technique, artists can easily see how to alter or adjust an image based on the previous image in the sequence. This technique is very useful for 3d animators to see previous animation frames or the later frames at once as well.
Slash is an add-on which aims to make using onion skinning technique easier for Blender users. It provides clean and easy-to-use user interface, and will make your animation skill to next level.
You can download the sample blend file in the video here:
slash_sample_demo.blend (1.7 MB)
This add-on is available on Gumroad and Blender Market
- Let you see earlier frames, later frames at the same time
- Onion skinning for all frames
- Onion skinning for a range of frames
- Onion skinning on some specific frames which you add
- Onion skinning on multiply meshes at the same time
- Intuitive user interfaces, you don’t even learn to use this add-on, it tells what you can do with it.
- Show onion objects while animation playback in realtime
- Fix: Add-on crashes while active and deactive
- Some bug fixes
- Add an option to only preview onion objects for keyframes
- Add an option to keep original onions and don't apply custom colors and alpha
- Move Slash settings into
Slash category instead of
- Add a checkbox option to move onion objects behind current object or not.
Turning this on will prevent onion objects to overlap current object, turning this off can get a more precise location of onion objects. You can toggle this option which depends on your own need.
for more details.
Any kinds of discussion are welcome. :-)