Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Art Deco Lobby for feedback

fu_films
triangle
Offline / Send Message
fu_films triangle
Hey all, just finished up an art deco lobby I've been working on, this was more an exercise in learning pbr texturing, basic modular modeling and substance designer as I am very new to the process. Anyway any kind of feedback and criticism welcome

Replies

• TheGabmeister
    Offline / Send Message
    TheGabmeister interpolator
    I think the values of the black marble are way too dark. I sampled the pixels from your image, and there are a lot of them that have 0,0,0 RGB values which might be one of the reasons why the lobby somewhat looks uncanny. Shown below are the absolute black pixels which I selected in Photoshop:

• fu_films
    Offline / Send Message
    fu_films triangle

I think the values of the black marble are way too dark. I sampled the pixels from your image, and there are a lot of them that have 0,0,0 RGB values which might be one of the reasons why the lobby somewhat looks uncanny. Shown below are the absolute black pixels which I selected in Photoshop
    Cheers thanks for the prompt feedback. So as a general rule black shouldn't be sitting at absolute black. Just reading through substance pbr guide "For dark values, you should not go under 30-50 sRGB". so then if the black area of the marble were sampled at 30,30,30 RGB that would be more accurate?

• TheGabmeister
    Offline / Send Message
    TheGabmeister interpolator
    You can try that out. You can also look for real world locations so that you can study how the materials you are using interact with the lighting and surrounding objects.