Home Technical Talk

Modo: MeshFusion Mesh Mode problem

polycounter lvl 12
Offline / Send Message
Zyth polycounter lvl 12
So I'm having a problem where if I switch the Mesh Mode to anything but 'Draft - Best Performance' it introduces artifacts (missing geometry) at the strips.  If I adjust the strip widths to make them smaller I can make the problem go away but what's the point of having a Draft option if it doesn't accurately show what MeshFusion can handle?  Is it something that I'm doing or is it just a fact that Draft doesn't necessarily show what's actually there?

Replies

• CC8877
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hi: tried my own but no problem at all. Can you share your scene file? Are you using all quad mesh both for primary and subtract?
  • Bek
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Bek interpolator
    Happens sometimes; check the meshes fit the MF requirements like CC887 says, try jiggling the meshes around a little, subdividing source meshes, MF options like relax mesh topo, strip smoothing values.. Also question if you actually need airtight mesh or if draft is good enough for your purposes
  • Zyth
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Zyth polycounter lvl 12
    Thanks guys.  Yeah my mesh was the 3ds Max sphere primitive with tris at the poles.  I made a sphere out of a box with 2 TurboSmooth modifiers and I got much better results.