Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[WIP] Sci-fi | Weapon |InstaCut-Rev5

fourche13
polycounter lvl 7
Offline / Send Message
fourche13 polycounter lvl 7
Hi fellows,

I started a new work for a challenge for HUM-3D, and I'd like to share with you my progress.

Story 

The scene take place in an post apocalyptic world, in a near future, where everything is connected. The weapon is called InstaCut-Rev5, it's a gun cutter prototype ( Largely inspired by Dead Space Plasma Cutter ) , created by  an inventor in his little workshop.
On this gun,  the  smartphone is plugged to the gun  in order to stock photography of the kill. Largely inspired by our actual modern life,  connected devices + Instagram. 
So This gun allow to get a photo of the kill, and at same time an other photo, ... more organic this time ( the cutted part ... disgusting ...^^ ).
The gun also have a camera in order to preview the target and the photography, and has the feature to rotate the cutter in order to be in mode portrait or landscape.

So I Wanted to make a mix of those  ideas :  heavy dependence of social media + connected device + Weapon.
So I started by making a small 2d Concept of the gun + environment in order to visualize better my idea . when I'll do the 3d environment, I will certainly replace the wooden table by an  old Anti static table with more tools .

I Also started the blockout of the 3D model of the weapon, I just added some quad chamfer here and there, in order to get some highlight on the edges for those screenshot, nothing final. 
At same time I'll do this project, I'd also like to beta test a beta script called QuadRemesher done by Exoside. I'll post some test about this plugin, in order to expose my workflow on some parts, I don't think that I will be able to make all the details with it, smallest one, but at least some parts created using boolean op.

The final scene will be rendered in unreal 4.21 using GPU Lightmass,

Feedback and Idea are welcome, I'm here for that too.

WIP - 3D Blockout