Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Orgrim Doomhammer - Personal Project (Please Critique)

polycounter lvl 3
Offline / Send Message
felixwolf polycounter lvl 3
Hey there. I wanted to share my latest work. It is based on the Orgrim Doomhammer from the WoW Movie. I chose this character because he had a lot of hair/fur and I wanted to learn more about grooming. 
I used Zbrush and Maya for modeling, Ornatrix for the Hair, Substance Painter & Mari for Texturing and the render was done with Redshift in Maya.
I hope you like the result and would appreciate it a lot if you let me know what you think of it. Thanks

Replies

• universe
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    universe polycounter lvl 8
    WOOOOOOOOOOOOW!
    My first reaction when I saw it was like- "Oh shit... that's impressive". It's quite hard to put any critique him because he looks great. Maybe some more shots from ZBrush would help. The only thing that comes to my mind is fact that his biceps are quite short and clavicles aren't too visible but of course it may be just an artistic choice. Additionally his thighs look like they were made from one muscle.

Some slavicles:
    Image result for chest muscles
    Some thighs:
    Related image

• felixwolf
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    felixwolf polycounter lvl 3
    Thx. Yes the idea was actually to make him a bit more "realistic" rather than super defined. But you are right with the legs. I'm not super happy with them myself.