Home Freelance Job Postings

[PAID] Cute Pet Animations (AAA Quality)

Mike_Outsourcing
polycounter lvl 2
Offline / Send Message
Mike_Outsourcing polycounter lvl 2

We are looking for animators to help us animate low poly pets for our upcoming 3rd person mobile title.

Here is a list of the type of animations we’re after:

Idle Happy (high extra happy energy)

Idle Standard (Normal happy energy)

Idle Sad (sick sleepy low energy)

Walk L

Walk F

Walk R

Run L

Run F

Run R

Affection

Sit

Beg

Bow

Roll Over

Backflip

Eating

We are looking for cute and fun animation, but not too cartoony.

We will provide the meshes with a skeleton, however most meshes will still need skinning. Depending on the mesh, you may set up your own rig, but it may vary depending on our requirements.

Some animals may have more than 1 mesh (eg 2 different breeds of kitten) that will share the same animations, the second mesh will only require skinning and blendshapes.

We work using milestones, We will provide you with the first animal and if we are happy with the quality of work we can move onto the next milestone. We require wip every 10-15% of milestone completion.

We’re looking for people with a strong understanding of animation principles and are able to create fun and cute animations.  

If you are interested please PM me your portfolio and country of residence.

We're looking at a budget around  $400-$600USD per animal.

We were looking at a deadline of 30th of June for up to 3 animals.

I have included a picture of one of our pre-existing models to show what kind of mood we will be aiming for.

Replies

• Archanex
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Archanex polycounter lvl 18
    Just to be clear, this list of animations you provided is for a single animal, correct? So your budget for all of these is $400-$600?
  • Mike_Outsourcing
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mike_Outsourcing polycounter lvl 2
    Archanex said:
    Just to be clear, this list of animations you provided is for a single animal, correct? So your budget for all of these is $400-$600?
    The budget is $400-$600 per animal with its animations, not the total budget for all animals combined.
  • joeanimates
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    joeanimates triangle
    This budget it a little on the small side in my experience. You likely won't get AAA quality for what you're asking.
    My estimates clock in the total (first pass) of the 16 anims per animal at 17.5hrs - which is extremely fast.
    For me that's $1050AUD ($730.08USD) per animal . This doesn't include any notes/feedback OR time spent rigging the animals, which sounds like there's three different kinds. 
    Please consider raising your budget.