Home Unreal Engine

What sells the most in Unreal Engine Market place?

polycounter lvl 7
Offline / Send Message
salimmatta polycounter lvl 7
Hey guys,

I know it's a very dull question overall, but when it comes to game art, what mostly sells in the UE4 market place? What people look for? Full environment? Weapons? Sci fi things? Stylized? etc etc

Replies

• Obscura
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Obscura grand marshal polycounter
    Once I did some research about the same topic. This was like 2-3 years ago, and I ended up making nothing. But... There are several unreal forum threads about this topic (not so surprisingly), and some people gave some rough information about their sales. The result showed that very generic assets that fits many scenarios sells well. For example there was a wooden pack containing props made from wood. They didn't even look good (not even decent in my opinion), but he had very good amount of sales. I would assume that you can still find these threads, plus probably some new ones. So the unreal engine forums is a good starting point to search.
  • salimmatta
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    salimmatta polycounter lvl 7
    Obscura said:
    Once I did some research about the same topic. This was like 2-3 years ago, and I ended up making nothing. But... There are several unreal forum threads about this topic (not so surprisingly), and some people gave some rough information about their sales. The result showed that very generic assets that fits many scenarios sells well. For example there was a wooden pack containing props made from wood. They didn't even look good (not even decent in my opinion), but he had very good amount of sales. I would assume that you can still find these threads, plus probably some new ones. So the unreal engine forums is a good starting point to search.
    I totally agree with what you said, I even published a stylzied fantasy dungeon pack, but so far didn't sell as I expected, which I came to realize because maybe it is difficult to blend it with other assets as well, or I will be needing to create a sequel for it with the exact art style. While on the other hand, creating realistic or close to realism props might work better, just because it is easily blended with other realistic props as well.

Thanks for the reply btw

In case you want to check up the pack, here's the link below:
    https://unrealengine.com/marketplace/en-US/slug/fantasy-dungeon-vol