Home Career & Education

Had you went to Siggraph?

polycounter lvl 5
Offline / Send Message
YiKai polycounter lvl 5
Hi all!
Just wonder had anyone went to Siggraph before? Did you enjoy it and do you think is a great place for 3D game artist to make friends, visit, learn or networking?  :)

Replies

• Brian "Panda" Choi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Brian "Panda" Choi high dynamic range
    After having gone because I won a free pass for when it was in Anaheim, California, I was left with this feeling it was really best suited for graphics engineers and related engineers.  Do not go there expecting for art skill-related talks.
  • YiKai
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    YiKai polycounter lvl 5
    @Brian "Panda" Choi Thx for answering Panda. I was thinking about buying a flight ticket to LA Siggraph this year but now I may save it up for next year GDC. 

I see your signature that you work around that area too! How is the game community there? Will love to someday visit there and meet people like you, who have similar interest area.
  • Eric Chadwick
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Brian is right about the content at SIGGRAPH. I am an artist, and I go every year, but that's because I'm a technical artist who is managing a technical team.

The main art-related content will be the latest research about shaders & rendering, both realtime and offline. 

Not great networking for game artists. 

Game Developers Conference is where you need to go! 
  • YiKai
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    YiKai polycounter lvl 5
    @Eric Chadwick Thanks for answering Eric. I will definitely save up for GDC next year! :)