Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

WIP - Battlefield 1 Revolver

polycounter lvl 5
Offline / Send Message
Jimmito polycounter lvl 5
Hi, 
After hours of playing with Bodeo 1889 Revolver, I liked its shape and reloading system, so I decided to make it a 3d
so I can take a step into weapon modeling and texturing. it still has a lot of work to do. but I like to take into consideration your critic before finishing the modeling and going to the texturing part.

Replies

• Jimmito
    Offline / Send Message
     Adding more details, changing the grip geometry so I can sculpt it and smooth it well on Zbrush and finally modifying the Topology to prevent many edges going to the same vertex... Please, I'd like to know your opinion so I can learn from my mistakes!
  • Jimmito
    Offline / Send Message
    Finally, I had some time to continue working on this project =) . Finishing the High Poly.
  • CybranM
    Offline / Send Message
    CybranM interpolator
    The model looks good to me, are you using ingame references or are you going from real world images?
    One thing that sticks out is the thickness of the barrel, the walls look a bit too thin

Are you planning on making the grip details in zbrush or painter?

Keep it up and I think the model will turn out great :smiley:
  • Jimmito
    Offline / Send Message
    Thank you for your replying @CybranM , some of the details were made in ZBrush and the others I intend to make to it in Painter. Actually, I use both of them, Real and ingame references. I watched this video from C&Rsenal channel on Youtube which helped me of how this gun actually works. Yes, I made the barrel with thinner thickness but I think it needs more to pop up a little bit. I attach the ref which I worked from most of the time...Sorry for my bad English :) .

• Jimmito
    Offline / Send Message
    Making the barrel thinner from the front..Now I'm going to make some floaters before going to the baking process.
  • Jimmito
    Offline / Send Message
    Baking the low poly, Normal & AO on marmoset and the rest on Painter 
  • Jimmito
    Offline / Send Message
    I just applied some simple materials and tweak them a little bit, It still needs a ton of work to do. but it's always better to get critics to improve yourself. So what is your opinion about it until now and how I can get a more professional textured gun?

• Jimmito
    Offline / Send Message
    Adding more details and replacing the screws with other ones.

• RedlChris-_-
    Offline / Send Message
    RedlChris-_- polycounter lvl 6
    Hey Gamal. I quickly broke down the revolver for you. I am not really sure if this is meant to be or if it is a baking issue.

But if yes you can forget this critique. 
    I would love to see some more roughness variation especially on the metall:

Another thing is, that I really can't tell what material that is. Is it plastic or wood? You need to define that better here:

The height on this is a bit too stron in my opinion here:

Feel free to ping me if you have some questions and keep me posted with the process.
    Cheers!
    - Christoph
  • Jimmito
    Offline / Send Message
    Thank you Christoph for your critic, I added more color and roughness variations based on your advice besides Stephan engdahl's advice also. I changed the grip material to take a more wooden look and added some tweaks to the golden material and decreased the height of the ornament a little bit. Does it look good or it needs some tweaks?
  • Jimmito
    Offline / Send Message
    Hi Guys, I just test some rendering setups and post-processing in Photoshop, It needs some final retouching before uploading to artstation..I hope you like it.
  • RedlChris-_-
    Offline / Send Message
    RedlChris-_- polycounter lvl 6
    Hey man! looks a bit better, but I am still missing some more roughness variation. And I would be careful with those overlay effects. When I started out, I always thought this would look cool, but now this is more distracting from you object.