Home Marmoset

Weird seams shows when baking normal map in Marmoset

Hey guys,
I just found that there're slightly visible seams in my normal map(baked in Marmoset) at the edge of UV. I thought it could be the stretching of UV map so I tried fixing it and using the same resolution for all the UV shells. It didn't work at all.....
Here's the screenshot of my Normal map applied to the low polygon in Marmoset.

Replies

• zachagreg
    Offline / Send Message
    zachagreg ngon master
    First off, that looks so close to the mesh that I highly doubt it's visible from even a couple of inches zoomed out. 

Second, double check your cage in marmoset and make sure you do not have a heavy pinch occurring in those areas. If here is try to painting some skewing to edit the cage in those areas.  However, to me those look like resolution based normal errors
  • sakura_mage
    zachagreg said:
    First off, that looks so close to the mesh that I highly doubt it's visible from even a couple of inches zoomed out. 

Second, double check your cage in marmoset and make sure you do not have a heavy pinch occurring in those areas. If here is try to painting some skewing to edit the cage in those areas.  However, to me those look like resolution based normal errors
    Thanks for the reply.
    It's on the face part and when I apply color in Substance Painter it became pretty obvious. Morever I've never had erros like this while baking with other software..
    The error are everywhere I don't think it's the cage or skew direction. I put the same resolution for all the UV shells ..hmmmm....
    Anyway thanks so much,
  • zachagreg
    Offline / Send Message
    zachagreg ngon master
    Whats your lowpoly without wire frame look like in that same area?
  • EarthQuake
    Yes, could you post a few more images (all at the same camera angle):

Low poly with wireframe enabled
    Low poly with cage display visible
    High poly

Thanks