Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Custom Character Zbrush - Female Sorceress

polycounter lvl 3
Offline / Send Message
ShoxZzBladeZz polycounter lvl 3

Character Photoshop Edit

Character Perspective Render

This is a character I created using Maya 3D for a low poly Base Mesh & Armor Pieces importing it to Zbrush to add Anatomy Detail and Armor Detail. 
Once the Character was finished I Rendered out a couple of Images and brought them over to Photoshop to add Effects & Background. 

I am looking for constructive Criticism & Critiques on the Character Design + Anatomy. I Posed the Model in Zbrush Using the Transpose Master Tool & Mask Brush,  any Recommendations for Posing Character or Final Renders are also Welcome! 

Replies

• Brian "Panda" Choi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Brian "Panda" Choi high dynamic range
    Sternocledoid mastoid begins and ends in the wrong location

Knees are not defined well and correctly in terms of the anatomy.

Facial anatomy is off in more that one place.  I ask that you refer yourself to the Asari planar head to begin studies.

Design is unclear.  Armor pieces are very obviously floating on the thigh.  I can't tell this is a sorceress clearly fromthe silhouette or internal elements.  Needs more time spent in concepting.

You should rig this in Maya or Max.

How many tris is this?

Hair could stand to look better as hair cards or more refined hair volume.
  • ShoxZzBladeZz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ShoxZzBladeZz polycounter lvl 3
    Hi Brian, Thank you so much for your opinion & Help. I can now see where I can improve my Character and Anatomy thank you! 
    The Female Anatomy body is 2 Million Poly, I sub-divided the Armor to give it a smooth edge while still keeping it hard surface the Leg armor bits are around 1 Million for each piece which is Ridiculous High. 

I sculpted the Hair shape from a 3D Sphere in Z-Brush, Next time I think I would go a different way maybe using fiber-mesh like I did with the Armor  fur. 

Thanks for your Help!