Home 2D Art Showcase & Critiques

I want to learn basic structures of art

lmain
null
Offline / Send Message
lmain null
As the topic said i want to learn shading,color theory,highlighting but i really dont know what and where to start . Im trying to do pixel art for my mobile game.

theres a recent work of mine;

Have a good day

Replies

• Dragonofpeace1985
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Dragonofpeace1985 polycounter lvl 13
    I'm in the same boat.  Learning the foundation of drawing.  If you haven't drawn before, it would be best to attend an art school.  Some online class you can take too, such as CGMA, NMA.art, and Schoolism to name a few.  Learn from the best and keep practicing. 
    Hope this helps.
  • bystry
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bystry polycounter lvl 3
    For me basic stuff is drawing. Its good place to start with art. You don't need to distract yourself with color theory at the beggining. Especially you shouldn't distract yourself with pixelart before you start drawing, you will benefit more with learning foundations and then use it on different art styles like pixelart. Buy nice sketchbook and pencil, go outside and draw. Maybe you have free drawing lessons in your area, check it also.
  • Dragonofpeace1985
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Dragonofpeace1985 polycounter lvl 13
    I couldn't agree more with joserigel but I would like to add going to an environment where you can get honest feedback and guide you what you need to study.  I'm personally switching from New Master Academy to Watts Atelier online subscription later in the month so I can get frequent critiques.