Home Career & Education

Courses opinion 3D Modeling

CBgamer
node
Offline / Send Message
CBgamer node

Hi, guy, ´s I am a beginner  on 3D, I want your opinion  about what is best to start, I saw the cg spectrum Introduction  3D Modeling 

Replies

• sacboi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sacboi high dynamic range

Here's a few opinions previously posted on this board:

https://polycount.com/search?Search=cg+spectrum&=%EE%87%95

Personally, there's nothing about 3D content creation these online dedicated courses offer and taught by industry professionals, that you can't also learn self-teaching yourself starting out as a complete novice, other than obliviously excludes receiving 1 to 1 mentoring.

So popular tutorial libraries such as Gumroad, 3DMotive, Udemy, Digital Tutors...can comparatively deliver the same quality material at minimal and in some cases no cost.   

• Alex_J
    Options
    Online / Send Message
    Alex_J grand marshal polycounter
    For intro to 3d, just use the cheap libraries mentioned by sacboi. Also the wiki here has good info and links to more resources than you'll ever use.

This way you can do the basics at your own pace, and follow your own interest naturally. After a year or two of training like this, then you'll know enough to really make use of a 1:1 mentorship or high-speed training course like the CGMA courses.
  • Zi0
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Zi0 polycounter
    Youtube also has a lot of good tutorials for absolute beginners, just google something like "Introduction to Maya"