Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Vira

polycounter
Offline / Send Message
Vexod14 polycounter
Vira is an exclusive character I made for "I From Japan", I really liked working with them on this new character, I think it's always a long but wonderful job to create and bring a new hero to life, that's where you're the most creative and feels everything is possible =D 
I made her with : 
- Mischief ; Rough concept arts (only grayscale focusing on Vira's shape and values) 
- Photoshop ; Finishing concept art, adjusting proportions, getting color scheme done. Minor tweaks on the basecolor texture 
- ZBrush ; Sculpt & polypaint (IDMap) 
- 3dsMax ; a few hardsurface elements (not all), then retopo + UVW 
- 3DCoat ; Texturing (using StarWarsRedemption's smartmaterials) 
- Akeytsu : Rigging/Skinning/Posing 
- Marmoset Toolbag ; normalmap/IDMap baking & lighting/rendering 
Additionally, I took care on her whole integration into UE4 (Physical Asset/Cloth/Shader setup)

You can view the full post here with marmoset viewers =) https://www.artstation.com/artwork/mqO3de

Vira (Classic Skin) - made using Akeytsu (rig/skin/pose) (but not only =P see the description on top of the topic for all details ;))

Sculpt, done mostly with ZBrush except a few hardsurface elements (3dsmax then imported as InsertMeshes)

Comb 1 (R=Metal/G=Rough/B=AO) Comb 2 (R=Cutout/G=RefractMask/B=SSS) Comb 3 (R=Cavity/G=Emissive/B=SpecularIntensity), FlowMap is for hair anisotropic direction. 4096x4096px textures (same UVset)

Sculpt of the "PinkSaber" - ZBrush

Comb 1 (R=Metal/G=Rough/B=AO) Comb 3 (R=Cavity/G=Emissive/B=SpecularIntensity), Alpha is stored in the BaseColor Map, 2048x512px textures on a separate UVset than the one used for the character
Vira - ConceptArt I made using Mischief (for rough posing/finding the right pieces) and photoshop (PinkSaber (full), colors, tweaks & finishes)

And here are some posing and some skins variants, all made with Akeytsu and rendered with Marmoset :

Des Bisous ! =)

Replies