Home Coding, Scripting, Shaders

Maya: Possible to get MEL script for pivot reset button so I can set hotkey to it?

grand marshal polycounter
Offline / Send Message
Alex_J grand marshal polycounter
EDIT : Maya initial idea isn't really necessary after I've discovered pivot marking menu. When pivot edit mode is toggled (press "d"), you can right click to open common options for pivot. So no need to hotkey those.

I'd like to get the script which runs the "Reset" button on the pivot. When I open script editor and press the button, it doesn't produce anything. I cannot find this command in the hotkey editor either. Anybody know a way?

Also, in general, there seems to be some buttons that give no scripts nor can you ctrl+shift click to add them to the shelf. The snapping icons in the status bar, such as projected center and make live, for instance. I use these a lot and would be nice to give a hotkey.

Thanks in advance.

Replies

• oglu
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    oglu polycount lvl 666
    this is what you get if you turn on echo all commands in the script editor.

{ string $objs[] = `ls -sl -type transform -type geometryShape`;if (size($objs) > 0) { xform -cp; } manipPivot -rp -ro; };
    manipMoveValues Move;
    toolPropertyShow;
    dR_updateToolSettings;
  • Alex_J
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Alex_J grand marshal polycounter
    I didn't  know about echo all commands.. that gets me in the right direction. Guess I got to read a bit about script editor. Thanks @oglu