Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[Wip] Taelia Fordragon character sculpt

polycounter lvl 5
Offline / Send Message
Luven polycounter lvl 5
Hello,

I've taken on another project with a sculpt based on Taelia Fordragon. She is a WoW character from Eric Braddock : https://www.artstation.com/artwork/e0PGqJ
I'm not a true WoW player but I've been a huge fan of the Warcraft universe ever since Warcraft 3, and I felt really compelled to sculpt her when I discovered the concept on artstation. She had to be my next piece !

I'm opening this thread to share how it goes.

Here's where I'm at after day two :

Replies

• Luven
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Luven polycounter lvl 5
    Some progress made today (hands and shoulder area)

• artofmars
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    artofmars polycounter lvl 9
    The hands feel pretty big, id definitely shrink them.
  • bkost
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bkost interpolator
    Nice start, I'm really liking the shape language. Are you going more so off the concept piece or in game model? Right now your character looks like it's headed in the 2d concept direction. Assuming that, her body looks a little squished horizontally and like mars said the hands may be a little too long. Could inflate and shorten them a bit more.

The height in her torso needs to be lengthened more and shoulder/ waist a tad wider.
  • AndresZambrano
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AndresZambrano polycounter lvl 3
    Right now your proportions are an in between of the concept art and the in-game model, I would recommend that you pick one. I think the concept art looks way better than the in game model, so I would personally recommend sticking to those proportions. In which case everything needs to be bulkier. Good job otherwise.
  • Luven
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Luven polycounter lvl 5
    Thanks everyone for the feedback. I didn't have time to progress with the model but I'm going to scrap some hours soon. I'll try to follow your advices and make her bulkier :)