Home Digital Sketchbooks

Sketchbook: Daniel Friedenberger

Hey everyone!

My name is Daniel Friedenberger, Interaction Designer from Germany.
I'm interested in everything 3D for a long time but only recently got more and more chances to use my skills in work projects too.
In my sparetime I'm dabbling into different 3D areas that I cannot really pursue while working (sculpting for example) and try to get a grasp and basic knowledge there too.
I'm also now and then trying to create game assets, as a good friend of mine and me are into developing small games as side projects. 

This sketchbook will mainly contain my struggles with anything 3D. My main weapons of choice are at the moment: 
Blender, ZBrush, Substance Suite and as of late I'm more and more interested into houdini :)

I would also be happy to get constructive feedback / critique if anybody feels like it! 

Replies

• colorofblack
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I'm currently trying to create my first character for a game. 
    The character should be stylized and easy to read from an isometric view. 
    Not 100% sure where to go with the character yet, so any ideas or critique is highly welcome!

• colorofblack
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Just got to update the character a little bit.

Changed some of the proportions, created new hair and merged some of the parts to sculpt more "details". 
    Have to think about how much further I sculpt the body, as the charakter will wear clothes, presumably more lose ones like robes :smile:
    At the moment I think it should be more stylized, more in line with the hair style (clearer shapes and plane changes)

• colorofblack
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Another round of changes and updates. I worked at this over the last few months on and off on this. 
    It changed quiet drastically, I went away from the over stylized proportions that looked like a dwarf. 

Hair and ears are still wip here. 

And the body. Hands and feet are not done here either. 

I feel like the character could look even younger (It should be a teenager for its later purpose) 
    Though not sure how to achieve this yet. CC welcome :)