Home Career & Education

Advice for Game Design or VFX related Graduate Study- Vancouver/Montreal

Hey yall, I need help with choosing a grad program related to VFX or Game Design in Vancouver or Montreal. I have a BA  and have studied modeling/texturing/basic rigging/basic scripting/rendering/lighting and some secondary skills all in Maya. I've worked as a 3D Generalist for 2 years, and want to make a move to Canada, breaking into either the games industry or film/series production as a 3D artist.

Whatever I choose, I wanna be able to finish within a year or there abouts, and in one of the 2 aforementioned cities. I need my pick to be affordable and useful. No delusions here, can be flexible if it's within reason.

Just to state a few points that are related, I'll add that:
- Living cost of the city can play a factor.
- I'd like to work part time as an international student to supplement income. Maybe intern if it can turn into potential employment by the end.
- I don't know what to specialize in yet, but I'm leaning more towards modeler/texture artist, character or envo doesn't matter.
- I am willing to consider something like an art course to reinforce my skills, but I might be lacking practice to get in (I'm prepared to be grind though).

Can anyone recommend something in Montreal or Vancouver that fits the bill? I'm still researching, thought I'd ask around.

Replies