Home Marmoset

Marmoset bake to Substance Painter: Normal Map seams

polycounter lvl 10
Offline / Send Message
boyluya polycounter lvl 10
Hello, any kind hearted souls that can help me out? I baked my normal map (and other maps for texturing) in Marmoset Toolbag and they looked right inside Marmoset, but then when I export to Substance Painter to start texturing I'm getting visible seams. I already tried troubleshooting steps from topics with same issues but they don't solve my problem (ie: triangulate, use same mesh when exporting, set tangent space to mikk, set to openGL in sp, etc.).

Here are the source files for anyone willing to help out https://drive.google.com/open?id=1W_UCb39ZrPrxpxzZYpU5Q5zIU9Ui43HS
I just uploaded the 3dsmax file, cause I'm not sure if the issue is coming from the fbx export setting itself.
I would really aprreciate any help.
Thank you.

EDIT: I already sorted it out. It's the bit depth of my normal map export setting, I wasn't able to check lol.

Replies

• Solid_Otter
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Solid_Otter polycounter lvl 6
    Hi there. This might be a couple months too late, but I remember solving this issue by switching the tangent space in the Marmoset baker. From 'Marmoset' to 'Mikk /xNormal' It may also be an issue with a mismatch in smoothing groups