Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[Unreal] Ancient City Project (advice is welcomed)

polycounter lvl 2
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
Raiku5678 polycounter lvl 2
For this project, I wanted to create a ruined city that had become overgrown. I made two scenes, one was day time while the other was night time. I wanted the city to be fairly realistic but still maintain a fantasy feeling. I found it difficult to combine the two different styles. Another hard part of this project was working with plants. I had not worked with plants much until this project. The plants made lighting the area more difficult for both scenes. Everything in this environment was modeled and textured by me. However, I used the water textures provided by Unreal solely due to time constraints. Overall, this project tested my abilities to create and light the beautiful vestiges of an ancient city. I would be very grateful for any advice as well as critiques to this project.
Main shot

Main Shot 2

Shot 3

Shot 4

Lilypad area Shot
Looking into City

Unique Shot

Night Time Version
Main shot

Main Shot 2

Shot 3

Shot 4

Lilypad area Shot

Looking into City

Unique Shot

Models
Buildings

Plants
Ivys
Lilypads and Lotus Flower

Flowers, Bushes, Ferns, and Tall Grass 

Tree

I recently have been updating this project. These next pictures are the recent updates I have added the night version will come once I am done with the Day time ones. Just to note I am still working on the Trees in these shots.
Updated
Main shot

Shot 3

Shot 4

Lilypad area Shot

Unique Shot 2

Main Shot 2

Looking into City

Unique Shot

Replies

• Raiku5678
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Raiku5678 polycounter lvl 2
    Here are the Final updated shots so far. I will add the updated asset later.

Daytime Scenes
    shot 1

Shot 2

Shot 3

Shot 4

Shot 5

Shot 6

Shot 7

Shot 8

Night time Scenes
    Shot 1

Shot 2