Home Digital Sketchbooks

Sketchbook: Waleed Abid

polycounter lvl 4
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
WaleedAbid polycounter lvl 4
Hey guys, I'm a 3D character artist looking forward to show you my work in order to improve and learn from you guys..

Replies

• WaleedAbid
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    this is a personal project i'm working on.. still WIP, obviously missing the hair and some textures.. any critics would be very helpful <3

• allmighty_thunder
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    allmighty_thunder polycounter lvl 13
    The shapes and materials feel like the right direction for me, at the moment it doesn't feel like the whole piece has enough POP if you get what i mean its feels very toned down and subtle despite the more of a bold concept.

I thing adding some tattoos or maybe sci-fi implants on the girl would be good idea. alternatively you can make the the background to be more interesting and at the point to character may pop off from there. Also a really simply one if just make jacket more detailed. Just some thoughts. Cool piece so far
  • WaleedAbid
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    actually i did this piece from this concept .. so i felt not changing it too much in order to tribute the original artist.. what your thoughts on that? should i change it and add my own stuff on it or some what stick to the concept? thank you for your feedback

• allmighty_thunder
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    allmighty_thunder polycounter lvl 13
    Well looking at the concept the difference is that that jacket looks like its feathers(or maybe fur) a top the jacket, and those little accessories like the necklace and the chocker also add to the overall feel of the piece but i will not comment on things that I am unsure if you will still add.

The mask is on point though :)
  • WaleedAbid
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    for the necklace and the choker i actually modeled them, but forgot to render, for the fur on top the jacket, honestly i couldn't find a solution to create it while preserving the silhouette of the concept, if you have any tips or tuts, i appreciate so much, thanks again <3
  • WaleedAbid
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    This is my latest piece (Red).. C&C are welcome.... I left it long time ago and came back recently to finish it... I know i should complete the ( Mask) project first but i kinda wanted a fresh eye on before i move to the next stage.. you can visit my artstation for more details and clay renders
    https://www.artstation.com/hellscream21

• WaleedAbid
    Options
    Offline / Send Message

[WIP]

hey guys this is a likeness Study that I'm doing ,i'm looking for help here .. my eyes are all washed out and i can't see any differences .. any kind of help regarding likeness subject matter or anything in general is much appreciated before i take it any further.. thank you

this is my main reference

• WaleedAbid
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    here is my final result for the sansa stark likeness project.. any kind of feedback is very appreciated