Home Technical Talk

Modelling

Hey guys, 
I just wanted some help with my character modelling  so as i was talking before in another discussions. I wanted to model Zoro from one piece using this reference.
Then i made a quick base mesh ( well not quick but you know ). This is what i made i just wanted some opinions on how i can make it better.
Could i get some tips on how to make it better and more fit for zbrush sculpting thanks :D 

Replies

• wirrexx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    wirrexx ngon master
    Begin easy, start with learning to modell the face properly. Edgeflow, needs to be correct. The modell need to smooth better. Understand the faceplanes of the faces. Anatomy of the face comes in handy, so pick up a couple of black and white pictures of the face to understand how to pull the edges and polys. Try to take the ASaro head and build it in your 3D engine or better off, start directly in Zbrush and sculpt them out, be rough with the brushes, don't think about secondary or threshery details. Just the big shapes.  
  • Ghogiel
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ghogiel greentooth
    Could i get some tips on how to make it better and more fit for zbrush sculpting thanks :D 
    Get it into ZB now.

Be using dynamesh and zremesher and forget topology for the moment.

I'd say Kill off a lot of what you have done with clay brushes and rework the ever loving crap out  of the basic forms, planes and silhoulete, paying close attention to your main ref AND as much anatomy ref as is healthy. Just basic stuff, proportion, skeletal structure, muscles, etc.  The same things that you are probably going to hear a lot from any tutorial on drawing or sculpting anatomy.
  • TwistedSwordz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    wirrexx said:
    Begin easy, start with learning to modell the face properly. Edgeflow, needs to be correct. The modell need to smooth better. Understand the faceplanes of the faces. Anatomy of the face comes in handy, so pick up a couple of black and white pictures of the face to understand how to pull the edges and polys. Try to take the ASaro head and build it in your 3D engine or better off, start directly in Zbrush and sculpt them out, be rough with the brushes, don't think about secondary or threshery details. Just the big shapes.  
    Alright! Thank you i'll work from these reference to make it better!
  • TwistedSwordz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey guys, so after reading @wirrexx i started understanding the loop within the face when working with the face, thus making a another zoro base mesh head with some help and heres the updated version i think its almost finished but still needs some improvement.