Home Digital Sketchbooks

Sketchbook: Brandon McGregor

PastyPict
polycounter lvl 4
Offline / Send Message
PastyPict polycounter lvl 4
Hello!

A bit about me:
I'm an aspiring 3D Artist. I have mostly focused on environments for games, and I have been looking for the time and motivation to work on characters (from design, to fully textured). Due to my qualifications, I also have experience in animation and also sound design to an extent.

Since I am still learning about human anatomy and everything that goes into the design process of an appealing character, I figured the best thing to do would be to post my progress in a place where I can see my progress and learn from others.

If you have any feedback on my work I post, I would love to read it.
Any and all constructive feedback is welcomed. Whether it be anatomical critiques, clothing design, etc.

Replies

• PastyPict
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PastyPict polycounter lvl 4
    So to begin, here is my first bust. I have attempted face sculpts once or twice in the past, but this is the first time I have attempted it after analysing reference photos and have followed an online course that goes over anatomical features of a human head.
    I have not gone over the anatomy of the torso yet, so I'm sure the shoulders look funky, but any feedback on that is also welcomed.

I have attempted to use the noise filter in Zbrush for the pores, but I'm thinking maybe manually sculpting them might be easier to achieve better results.
    Or maybe define the pores in texturing in Substance Painter?