Full time in house VFX Artist
*IN HOUSE ONLY* Within the Midlands/Birmingham Worcestershire Area
Role and Purpose
Flix Interactive are looking for a talented and motivated individual to help develop and deliver high quality VFX and particle systems for AAA Unreal 4 projects, both for Flix's own proprietary projects and high profile clients.
- Collaborate with the design and art leads to develop fully realised explosions, magic, and environmental effects.
- Communicate and collaborate with the Art Director & Art Team to assist in delivering polished visuals.
- Create and maintain particle effect libraries and organise their use within the game.
- Work within the specifications of the project and technology, keeping VFX within performance thresholds.
- Ensure the quality finish of the atmosphere in every environment is to the highest standard.
- 3 years of relevant experience in the games industry.
- Demonstrate excellent understanding of Unreal Engines tools and VFX creation pipeline.
- Willingness to learn new or proprietary toolsets to assist in VFX creation.
- Good understanding of simulation in a 3D package to generate realistic 2D/3D elements.
- Strong understanding of content structure and management of asset pipelines.
- Good Knowledge of Blueprint logic and gameplay logic for bringing particle systems to life.
- Experienced in setting up simulation of natural elements
- Problem solving applicable to game world environments.
Demonstrate the ability to..
- Be creative and think critically about what specific VFX should achieve.
- Self motivate and have pride in your work.
- Work and communicate well within a team and studio environment.
- Take the initiative and discuss how VFX could be improved if there is a requirement to do so.
- Be adaptive and master new tools in the process if required.
- Take critique and guidance from others well.
- Manage your time effectively to create the highest quality VFX.
Please send through your portfolio and cover letter. If your examples are from previous works with another studio, please make sure samples are cleared for release by copyright owners. Links to an online portfolio are preferable, otherwise we accept showreels via Dropbox or other secure sharing platforms.
What We Offer
Based in Bromsgrove just outside Birmingham, Flix offers a friendly and nurturing atmosphere that enables the opportunity to build and secure a career in the games industry. Our team are welcoming, passionate and active gamers as well as dedicated game developers.
If you have the drive and skills for making games and think you have what it takes to work within our team then we’d love to hear from you.
Send your application to - [email protected]
For more information visit our site - www.flixinteractive.com