Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Roman Inspired Melee Weapons

polycounter lvl 7
Offline / Send Message
Thaiauxn polycounter lvl 7

I'm working on a new game temporarily named Project Morningstar now that our mega mod for New Vegas, Fallout: New California, is released.

The concept is pretty grand.

For thousands of years an advanced Alien Mega-structure has been abducting humans from across the globe, including a 2nd Century Roman Legion led by a man named Acaviius.

This Legion founded The Acavii Empire, which is one of four major factions on Morgana Fragment. Their weapons have evolved along with their language and imagery, adopting new technologies and art styles as they adapt to this hostile and strange new world.

I'm working in Unreal Engine to bring this little vertical slice of the game to life. It will be a top-down procedurally generated Role Playing Game, where every map loaded from the world map is a created according to a complex series of logical rules tied to the faction, economy, and climate.

The player will control one of their party members directly in a kind of twin-stick melee combat RPG.

This could easily be a 2D Top Town Pseudo-Isometric game and that'd provably save a little time, but I am happier working in 3D. I felt it was best to start the game art off with the weapons, since they tell a great deal about a Faction's culture and iconography, which will inform the rest of their art style.

If you found this idea inspiring, please come join us on Our Community Discord!

As I create our weapons, armour, and environment art, I'm looking for a gameplay controller programmer and someone familiar with Procedural Generation! Musicians, artists, and others are welcome as well. :)