Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Trying to get into game industry and need some crtique and/or tips how to improve my work.

polycounter lvl 2
Offline / Send Message
BogusJestem polycounter lvl 2
Hello everyone.
I'm begginer wannabe character artist who wants to get better and maybe find some work in industry.
I'd like to get some critique from you people, what do you think about my work.

I've started working on characters 1,5-2 years ago but didn't have enough time to improve my skills because I'm student aswell. Doing my best though. I've made 3 characters until now and it'd be nice to get opinions about them, my improvement from one to another etc.

Below is my latest work, more screenshots and other 2 you can find on my artstation: https://www.artstation.com/boguslawjestem

Replies

• AndresZambrano
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AndresZambrano polycounter lvl 3
    Your red hood character is pretty good overall, hard to judge anatomy since his face is covered, but on the other two pieces on artstastion you gave them really big heads compared to their bodies, and the cloth isn't anywhere as believable as this last one. You are making really good progress with this last piece. I would say just practice anatomy and make some characters that show it because how good your anatomy is really important for employers, definately replace your first two pieces with new work. In regards to the red hood character I don't see any glaring problems with him, other than he could be more detailed and have more damages etc but that's not something your should focus on too much, I think what I said about anatomy is more important, btw the proportions on red hood are much better than your other two.
  • BogusJestem
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    BogusJestem polycounter lvl 2
    @AndresZambrano To be honest the second character I've was making based on original proportions from game(Castlevania Lords of Shadow) and that's why his proportions may be a little off. But from other people I've heard that his head is too small even though I've make it bigger comparing to original one. I'm not gonna comment my first character since it was my first step to game art and real 3D so...Left it there just to show how I'm improving since I'm begginer.
    Yeah, I'm still struggling with making believable cloth and wrinkles, that's why I've choosed red hood as my 3'rd project so I could improve my skills. Thanks for kind words and critique, it really motivates me :D And as my next project I'm planning to do character where anatomy is main thing so it seems like we matched our opinios about what should I work on :).