Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Kali -- WIP

grand marshal polycounter
Online / Send Message
Alex_J grand marshal polycounter
Hello,

I've just completed Durga and will start another of the Hindu deities. Kali will be quite different in design, however. Scarce bling, lots of flesh and nasty stuff.

I can do a complex project and finish it, I can patiently make intricate details, but my sculpting game is weak so I've chosen a more naked character to do this time.

Goal is immaculate anatomy and photorealistic materials. Render engine will be UE4.

So far I've made a new base mesh and done a little work on proportions and face. Also done some testing with the shrunken head necklace to figure out how many unique faces I will need, and what material requirements will be.

For the face I will match this woman as closely as possible. This is the only photo I have of her, so not trying complete likeness but just gives a target.

Kali is pretty psychotic and gruesome. Shrunken head necklace, skirt of severed hands, decapitating fools... this should be fun! I will make Kali, her weapon, and the decapitated head and dead body. This will provide good opportunity to show that I can do male and female anatomy. I will not make her husband -- the dude prostrate on which she dances.

Replies