Home Quixel Megascans

Solved: Clarification needed regarding selling assets ( props etc. ) on UE4 marketplace

polycounter lvl 6
Offline / Send Message
Andreicus polycounter lvl 6
I'm currently trying out Mixer because it's free and i must say that it is a very artist friendly software to generate new materials to use.
However i read in the FAQ that "The Services may not be used for creating Customer Assets that are to be sold, leased, licensed or otherwise provided to third parties on a “stand-alone” basis, i.e. You may only use the Services to create Customer Assets for inclusion in Your own products and services (i.e. video games etc.)."
FAQ number 13: https://quixel.com/terms

Does this means that if i create a new material using Mixer or i use an existing scan without modifying it and then i apply it to a prop that is part of an environment that i'm going to sell on the UE4 marketplace i'm not allowed to do that ?
Also take into account that i must provide the textures files in the relative project folder.

Replies

• Synaesthesia
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Synaesthesia polycounter
    You can use Mixer to create anything for sale so long as you own the copyrights to what you've created. We don't sell the copyright with our textures, so any Megascans data cannot be included for sale in online marketplaces or any other venue outside of our Terms of Use without explicit written permission from Quixel. This means that regardless of what it is, modified or not, anything including Megascans textures, materials, or other copywritten data cannot be sold or resold unless it fits the criteria specified in the Terms of Use.

Anything you've created wholly in Mixer or blended using your own data is permissible for sale or inclusion into products for sale. Hope that clears it up!
  • Andreicus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Andreicus polycounter lvl 6
    You can use Mixer to create anything for sale so long as you own the copyrights to what you've created. We don't sell the copyright with our textures, so any Megascans data cannot be included for sale in online marketplaces or any other venue outside of our Terms of Use without explicit written permission from Quixel. This means that regardless of what it is, modified or not, anything including Megascans textures, materials, or other copywritten data cannot be sold or resold unless it fits the criteria specified in the Terms of Use.

Anything you've created wholly in Mixer or blended using your own data is permissible for sale or inclusion into products for sale. Hope that clears it up!
    Yes, thank you for the reply