Home Technical Talk

[Mari] - Help transferring layers

obloquy
polycounter lvl 6
Offline / Send Message
obloquy polycounter lvl 6
Hi, I'm having some trouble transferring paint layers in Mari that I've spent all day trying to figure out.  I painted a diffuse/spec/disp on my original character mesh a while back.   However I've since retopo'd, rescaled (to human size from zbrush's tiny mm size), given new uv's and removed the legs of the character.  Essentially the model is exactly the same exterior wise - minus the legs - but is completely different under the hood now.  I asked on the foundry forum and was lead to believe transferring layers would work, but the advice wasn't fruitful... :( 

I'm using version 4.2 and I tried the default settings for layer transfer (pic) but by having the search range to "Infinite", it took 12 hours to process and the results were all over the place.  I've tried setting the search range to "World Units" at 1.0000 and the process took about 30 mins but the results are again pretty bad.  I just wanted to know if this is at all possible to do/with what settings and does it work if a model has new topology/been rescaled and given new uv's?  Or do I just accept defeat and repaint  :'(

Replies