Home Digital Sketchbooks

Sketchbook: Vanja Tizi

Hello! I am a 3D Art student from Melbourne, Australia. I'm mainly putting up this sketchbook to get over my fears of sharing my stuff, and just keep track of my development. I would love to improve on my 3D modelling + sculpting skills, as well as my 2D conceptualisation skills and general illustration. 
Please feel free to critique! I encourage it (Just be gentle about it, I'm a soft soul<3)

So this is a small "environment" from my assessment. Unfortunately, time limitations meant that I couldn't get it up to scrap with my original concept, however, I didn't mind too greatly, as I did learn a lot about using substance designer + painter, as well improve in some Zbrush skills. Overall, I just wanted to play around with a lot of this project and refine my skillset for personal works.

Here is the original concept...

And as you can see, I decided to change the tone of it quite a bit by the final version.

Sketchfab link: https://skfb.ly/6IQIs

--

Now that the assessment is complete, I'm working on a personal environment at the moment. I'm attempting to create an environment based on Anya Jo's "Walled Garden" environment. I've got to add in a few more details, but UV mapping shouldn't be too far off. My personal goal is to complete this environment within the next two weeks, but I'm keeping the restriction loose since I do have my studies and work, as well as a few events that I'm obligated to go to. (Sigh)

I'm hoping to give this piece a lovely hand-painted look in 3D Coat, similar to its concept art, and try to catch the 'warm sunny afternoon' feeling that originally caught my attention. 

I look forward to posting updates and sharing my stuff with you all~ <3

Replies

• Vanja_Tizi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Decided to doodle one of my old characters just to take a breather from modelling. Just very rough, but figured I'll share it anyway.

• Vanja_Tizi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    So over my holidays, I spent about 3 days on this lil dude. 

Sketchfab
    He's part of a character assessment. We need to work on two characters, one based on Jake Parker's bot designs, and then our second of our own design. I'm still brainsotrming my second character, but I'm pretty happy with how this little dude has turned out. All he needs is his rigging and he'll be done. : ) Now excuse me while I suffer in bed because I'm down with the sickness.
  • Vanja_Tizi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    So, I'm in the middle of designing a character for my assessment. I wanted to do something risky and memorable, so I decided to make a hot nun! I swear it's not generic! So here is some of the brainstorming sketches for her--

The final design was the one chosen, so I gave it a quick colour and moved onto making a full body design of it.

This has been a blast so far, and I can't wait to start modelling her. I love how bright and obnoxious her design is, and I hope that will make her memorable. I don't usually try to create explicitly sexualised character designs, so it's fun to just be a bit indulgent in making her a bit over the top. Originally there were plans to give her a much fancier weapon design, however I didn't want it to over complicate her design, since she's already pretty busy. It was really hard to hold back on a whole bunch of ideas, but less is more...
  • Vanja_Tizi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Back again, after getting some critiques at Uni, decided to refine her design in order make her a bit more "vampire hunt-y". Gave her some belts, so she looks a bit more tactical and breaks up her overall colour scheme. Below was a few of the experiments, as well as the refined "final" design. 
    Also, now she has a Cross-Bow (heh) for a weapon instead of a gun, since it is a bit more traditional. Tried not to change too much though, I didn't want to make her too generic.

• Vanja_Tizi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Started working on the base mesh of my character today! I'm currently in the middle of doing the upper body, and saving face for the end. : ) I was really frustrated with it intially, but thankfully, I have the weekend off work and get to work on my model some more. I would the body base to be done by Sunday, so that's my personal goal. C&C welcome of course!

(I know, the butt is very sad looking. I'll hopefully be able to fix it tonight!)
  • Hanajones
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hanajones triangle
    Holy moly... That is a freaking awesome weapon design, worth the extra effort this one is memorable! 
  • Vanja_Tizi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message

Just a WIP of my nun. Just working on blocking out her outfit!
  • Vanja_Tizi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    More WIPs for my nun. fixed her arm length a bit, and started blocking out some of her accessories.

Also my first render LOL.