Limbic Entertainment (https://www.limbic-entertainment.de/), the developers of Tropico 6 and Heroes of Might and Magic 7, is looking for a talented Game Designer (f/m/d) for an unannounced Unreal Engine 4 project.
As a Game Designer, you will be designing and
creatively shaping game features for our upcoming PC and console games.
You will closely work together with other members of the game design
team and in a passionate, multi-disciplinary team consisting of
programmers, artists and level designers.
For this opportunity, we are seeking a person, with
both a great passion for games in general and a good understanding of
the underlying game mechanics, rulesets and development processes.
- Take ownership of game systems from concept over implementation to final polish
- Write and present proposals for game systems and other design topics
- Create and document feature designs (incl. UI mock ups)
- Communicate and champion your designs within the development team
- Supporting the feature implementation as responsible designer
- Balance economy and progression features
- Evaluate, iterate and tweak game features to highest quality standards
- Form new game concepts together with the Design Director
- A minimum of three years of professional game design experience
- At least one released title (preferably PC and/or console games)
- Highly proficient in designing game systems
- Passion for creating fun and compelling user experiences within set constraints
- Creative mindset with an eye for detail
- Ability to think creatively, analytically and sometimes out of the box
- Good time management and problem-solving skills
- Experience in working with Word, Excel and PowerPoint and Confluence
- Good understanding of the games market and current trends
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Experience with and affinity for strategy games is a plus
- EU citizen or a valid working permit for Germany is required
What we offer:
- A responsible and challenging position in a dynamic business
- Our team of more than 60 employees contributes to an enjoyable and cooperative working atmosphere
- Flat hierarchies make for quick decision-making
- Interesting game projects with many different, diverse and challenging tasks
- Appropriate remuneration
Please send your full CV and cover email to:
Please refer to this job advertisement in your application.