Home Technical Talk

problem with DynaMesh

node
Offline / Send Message
Nanashi node
Hi guys, I started to use Zbrush recently and I have a problem with DynaMesh, every time I try to DynaMesh my model it fills the holes in it.

this is the model 

After I use DynaMesh

as you can see the hole is closed so I did some research and what I found that I have to go to preferences then set the DynaMesh colse hole slider to 0.

I did that and this is the result 

I did more research and there is no solution that worked, can you please help me ? and sorry if the question is stupid as i'm new to Zbrush.

Replies

• cryrid
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cryrid interpolator
    Dynamesh is designed to work with water-tight volumes, which is why it will try to fill holes in. It is hard to tell based on that screenshot, but the strong aliasing on the larger circle combined with what dynamesh is doing me think you might have a giant hole there? If so, I can't think of any setting that will make dynamesh like that. 

You might have better luck manually closing the hole first, giving that area its own polygroup, then have dynamesh preserve polygroups. This way you can hide/remove the ring's polygroup after dynameshing.

Or have the hole be created through a Live Boolean so that it is non-destructive and not yet a part of the larger volume.
  • Nanashi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Nanashi node
    cryrid said:
    Dynamesh is designed to work with water-tight volumes, which is why it will try to fill holes in. It is hard to tell based on that screenshot, but the strong aliasing on the larger circle combined with what dynamesh is doing me think you might have a giant hole there? If so, I can't think of any setting that will make dynamesh like that. 

You might have better luck manually closing the hole first, giving that area its own polygroup, then have dynamesh preserve polygroups. This way you can hide/remove the ring's polygroup after dynameshing.

Or have the hole be created through a Live Boolean so that it is non-destructive and not yet a part of the larger volume.
    thanks a lot for your reply , I will try what you have suggested and hopefully it will work.