TECHNICAL ARTIST / TOOLS DEVELOPER
tools and support primarily for the Art dept.
• Develop tools using Python / PyMEL and sometimes MEL.
• Develop tools using Unity.
• Develop Standalone Tools using C#
• Work with art, programming and design to ensure that existing pipelines are as efficient as possible both from a production point of view as well as runtime performance and long-term pipeline sustainability.
• Develop technical content creation guidelines and help enforce them through documentation as well as the tools you provide.
3+ years working in production for video games.
• Shipped at least 1 titles (PC/Xbox One / PS4) from concept through release in a Technical Artist capacity.
• Expert in Python, MEL, and PyMEL programming.
• Expert understanding of Maya and Maya ASCII file format.
• Expert understanding of file types we use such as .json, TGA, OBJ, PNG and how they can be managed and manipulated.
• Expert in Unity for tool development and prototyping
• 3+ years experience programming in C#
• Excellent in-person and written communication to artists, engineers and designers
• Expert understanding of next-gen game environment development processes, limitations and dependencies
• Excellent communication, time-management and organizational skills.
• Task driven, self-motivated, proactive.
• Strong leadership and interpersonal abilities.
• Works well under deadline.
• Experience playing Minecraft extensively.