Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

The Moon Crow

polycounter lvl 10
Offline / Send Message
NajimCG polycounter lvl 10
" When Singing , the Moon Crow produces a very particular sound that could be compared to a mix between a Pan Flute and a Cricket " 
As environment artist , i found it also interesting to go out of my comfort zone and try some creature sculpting , this project was really cool to work on . 
The crow was sculpted on Zbrush and textured with substance painter, the whole environment was placed in ue4 with some megascan assets. 
whole crow model is 15K triangles.

Replies

• Eric Chadwick
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    This is great. Are you open to feedback, or is it done and buried?
  • NajimCG
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    This is great. Are you open to feedback, or is it done and buried?
    Hey Eric , i have already posted it , but of course i am 100% always open for feedback, it could always be useful for upcoming projects . Go on and don't be gentle ! 
  • Eric Chadwick
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I like it a lot. Something about the upper wing parts bugs me. Too smooth I think? Doesn't look like feathers, and they don't seem to be overlapping each other? Probably because the tail feathers are actual geometry, while all the rest are not.
  • NajimCG
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I like it a lot. Something about the upper wing parts bugs me. Too smooth I think? Doesn't look like feathers, and they don't seem to be overlapping each other? Probably because the tail feathers are actual geometry, while all the rest are not.
    Yes , i totally see what you mean , and indeed it is not clear enough what it is . I guess i wanted to have a more stylized and flat area of the upper wings , maybe working with other planes overlapping each others like the wings would have fixed this . I take note for the upcoming bird/creatures i will be working on , thanks for your feedback Eric !