Home Technical Talk

Modeling Workflow

Hey guys,

I wanted to share a work in progress of a bot concept I'm trying to do. I never have done hard surface modeling before, and I would like to hear any professional advice on how to make my high rez details in zbrush and bring it back into maya for retopo. Could anyone please help me out to understand how to do this and if I'm doing it right so far? Can I just treat this like kitbashing and append all the tools into one giant bot? 

Thank you for reading this guys, and I look forward to hearing from atleast one of you. Thanks again.

Bot Concept by Georgio Baroni:

Progress:

Replies

• Olingova
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Olingova interpolator
    Hi!

I am not sure the technical sub is the best place to post this, maybe 3d is better..
    Can you elaborate your question a bit? Are you wondering how you will handle the UV sets or jsut technically how you will import in into ZBrush? If it's this last one, one solution can be to deal with each "big piece" separately it will make your life easier when baking i think
  • sacboi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sacboi high dynamic range
    For a non-destructive workflow as a novice hard surface self teaching path, I'd suggest that you start with polygonal suddiv fundementals, they're an essential component too acquire if mechanical prop creation is a career aspiration.
  • abhiwankenobi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hi Timothé!

Thank you so much for your feedback. Yes, like would my UV's become distorted when I move it into Zbrush? Like how would import this after into a texturing software? Once again thank you man! 

• abhiwankenobi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thank you Sacboi! and Nice tank! I really like the topology of it...