Home Technical Talk

[Blender 2.8 Add-on] UnrealEngine - Blender [UEBok!] . Clipboard copy/paste UE/Blender. Export to UE

polycounter lvl 14
Offline / Send Message
Titus polycounter lvl 14

UnrealEngine - Blender OK! further known as UEBok! an Blender 2.8 Addon.

Idea: Speed up interaction between Blender and UnrealEngine and to Blender and …

https://youtu.be/kPihB9LmXsg

UEBok! functions:

Collection OPS:

• Create collection for selected objects
  • Create ROOT object for collection(ROOT object is pivot point it’s collection)
  • CleanUP - Cleanup Empty collections

Clipboard OPS(it is like copy paste between programs):

• Paste data from UnrealEngine to Blender
  • Copy data from Blender to UnrealEngine

Export OPS:

• Select export folder
  • Export button

• Windows only
  • Blender 2.8

Installation:

• User preferences > Add-ons > Install from file…> select UEBok!.ZIP file.

How-to:

for Clipboard OPS - Unreal Engine project folder must be selected in addon preferences

Gumroad:

https://gumroad.com/l/UEBok

Many thanks!

Replies

• m_asher
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    m_asher node
    Are the export settings user-configurable?
  • musashidan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    musashidan high dynamic range
    Have you figured a way to overcome UEs 0,0,0 pivot issue? So if you export an entire scene/level all the separate meshes won't have their pivots offset in the editor.
  • Titus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Titus polycounter lvl 14
    m_asher said:
    Are the export settings user-configurable?
    Now all setting are by blender's default and default settings for UE import(Perfect for static meshes), but everything is possible, depends from needs. FBX settings could be exposed at preferences tab. 
    Have you figured a way to overcome UEs 0,0,0 pivot issue? So if you export an entire scene/level all the separate meshes won't have their pivots offset in the editor.
    Please describe an issue more detailed, with an image maybe. I think you mean pivot space and world space for model(s). So in case of UEBok addon it is using dummy as pivotPoint for collection of objects, so i think if move it at 0,0,0 (world's center) in this case models will be exported keeping theirs positions. :wink:  theoretically should work.

PS: I think I understood your question. Yep with UEBok add-on you can export your props to UE, with proper pivots, place them roughly in editor and copy/paste into blender again, then assembly scene or level then  select all and copy/paste to unreal editor.  Because copy/paste could be used for different purposes and situations.
  • m_asher
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    m_asher node
    Titus said:
    FBX settings could be exposed at preferences tab. 
    I'd recommend doing so, for the sake of I/O debugging in the very least.