Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[WIP] Silent hill Cafe Re-Imagined

dannyrt34
polycounter lvl 2
Offline / Send Message
dannyrt34 polycounter lvl 2
Hi everyone,

I really want to get a piece for my portfolio together, so I decided on doing a scene in UE4 and base it off of one of my favorite games as a kid, Silent Hill. I chose to do the cafe because the scale seems doable in a short amount of time. This is going to be a complete reimagining, so I'm going to use the original cafe as reference, while still modernizing it and making it my own.

The goal is to still get the creepy, grainy, and grungy Silent Hill vibe and loosely use the reference as a guide, while still using my imagination to "fill in the gaps" so to speak. Since the original screenshots are very hard to find all the angles and scale of the original scene.

Here are a few pics of my reference.

I'm hoping to finish the project in 1- 2 months. My goal is to complete the whole interior and the front of the outside with maybe some basic buildings for background scenery to use across the street (unless the fog is too dense haha). I hope to hear feedback and critique from the community as I progress as this is also going to be a major learning project for me. One of the first that I hope to actually take all the way to completion in a reasonable timeframe.

Replies

• dannyrt34
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    dannyrt34 polycounter lvl 2
    Here's the blockout I started last weekend.

Still got a lot of props I need to find places for. I started doing a few of the props because I need to jump around a little sometimes to keep me focused and not get bored by working on one thing for too long

The bench, modernized of course.

and one of the chairs.

As you can see I'm already changing things pretty drastically. I'm hoping to nail the feel while things may look a little different.

Also finished the wood material in Substance. Will be used for Wall Panels and the wood objects in the scene

Critique and feedback appreciated!