Home Technical Talk

Help- Zbrush Live Boolean

polycounter lvl 9
Offline / Send Message
Katy Hargrove polycounter lvl 9
Live Boolean > Make Boolean Mesh > Appending does not create a combined mesh. It does seem to replicate which ever mesh I had selected when I ran the Make Boolean Mesh though. Anyone else running into this?

Replies

• instg8r
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    instg8r polycounter lvl 8
     Hi Katy...It looks like you're using 2019, yes? (I see that lovely "New Folder" button :smile: ) I don't know if the "Make Boolean Mesh" is deprecated in 2019, but I've been using folders to do my boolean operations and it works like a charm. Plus it spits out the new object as a sub-tool of the current tool (instead of creating a new tool of the boolean operation. Here's a link to the video the guys did that shows folder boolean operations https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pgQ3uAQ8U6c&t=5421s Hope that helps!
  • Katy Hargrove
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Katy Hargrove polycounter lvl 9
    Hi instag8tr,

Thanks so much for the reply. I gave the folder process a shot, but am still missing some key step to producing that good combined mesh. 

• instg8r
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    instg8r polycounter lvl 8
    Hi Katy,

So once you get to the step you're at above, click on the folder settings (the gear icon next to the eye) and you'll see a drop-down menu with many folder options. Choose the "Boolean Folder" option and it will kick out your combined mesh as a sub-tool. I think that will be what you're looking for!